Converting your loft may be a perfect way to bring a little additional distance to your property. Not only can it save the upheaval of moving home, but it may also even add value to your house.
Obtaining your ventilation and lighting right is essential in ensuring that your loft conversion becomes the light airy area you are hoping for, and also fitting a Velux window may transform a darkened attic into a gorgeous, useable space full of potential.
You can search online as there are so many websites like justrite which provides complete information about Velux roof windows services in Australia.
Image Source: Google
The first decision you will want to make is how big a window that you need and the favorite positioning for your window. It's very important that the measurements for the opening on your roof are quantified exactly.
The tiniest of the Velux window array can normally be fitted involving trusses without needing to cut the beams.
• Your Velux window Ought to Be placed flat to open and started with caution
• You Will Need to remove the glass in the frame for matching; do this by pushing from the two little pins situated in the hinges
• Fit the mounts into the Four corners of the window frame with the screws supplied
• The window has to be fitted horizontal Concerning the roof; if needed, utilize the black wedge provided beneath a few of the corners so as to Make Certain That the window remains secure
• When this phase is done, you're ready to set up the flashings around the window. Make sure that the flashings used are appropriate to your roof kind; this point is essential in making sure that there aren't any leaks.
• When you're ready to reinstall the glass, then the window ought to be handed upside down through the roof opening. Position the hinges in their openings and since the window is shut, the lugs will open and then hold the window in place.