One of the most popular routers manufactures is Huawei, which unlike most manufacturers using the 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 IP addresses for their gateways, makes use of the 192.168.8.1 IP address to access the router’s gateway. If you are currently using these routers, you have found the right article. Here, we shall aid you with the details of this IP and the related configurations.
Requirements And Constraints
Before we start with, there are a few requirements as well as a few constraints for you to log into this IP address and make changes to it:
- However, you should be in the vicinity of your router’s network, that is you should be connected to the same network to do any changes in the firmware since this is not a public IP address.
- You should log on a device with HTML5 support in its browser, which pretty much covers all the devices available in the market.
How To Login To 192.168.8.1 IP Address?
Here are the few simple steps you need to follow to log into this IP address and make the necessary changes that you want.
- At First, you need to type this http://192.168.8.1/ IP address in the address bar of your browser.
- Once you have entered the IP and hit the enter key, you should prompt to enter a user id and password to log in. Just enter the default credentials that came with the router or provided by the manufacturer listing.
- Then you should be able to login to the firmware homepage without any problems.
- Afterwards, you enter the correct login credentials, you will be authenticated, and now you will be presented with the list of different options for security management, firmware update and more. Depending on the authority that this present profile of yours has over you can do changes in the setting as you please.
- I suggest you log in with the official profile to make the changes, provided you know what changes you are making.
What To Do If You Have Forgotten The User id And Password?
In case you have recently changed the default user id and password and lost them both. You must worry as to log in to your router. Well, it’s effortless. You can do it by resetting the modem back to its factory settings. You just have to find the reset button present on the body somewhere. It’s a small pin size button which you will have to press and hold for 10 seconds using a small tool such as a toothpick or a pin.
This was all the general know-how regarding the 192.168.8.1 IP address. If you are using a modem manufactured by companies like Ourway or GIGAFAST, this information might come in handy for you.