10.0.0.1 IP address is one of the default IP addresses which is used by many of the manufacturers. The 10.0.0.1 IP address is very much different from commonly used IP addresses such as 192.168.1.1, 192.168.8.1 or 192.168.0.1, due to which it is a little bit difficult for the first time users who try configuring their router from the admin login page of the 10.0.0.1 IP address. Thus, in this article, we shall discuss the stepwise process of 10.0.0.1 IP login.
- 1 Finding the Default IP Address, Default Username and Password of the Router
- 2 How to Login into the 10.0.0.1 IP Address as an Admin
- 3 How to Recover the Username and Password of the Router
- 4 Method 1: Try to Use Default Name and Password
- 5 Method 2: Try to Reset the Router to its Default Configuration
- 6 Conclusion
Finding the Default IP Address, Default Username and Password of the Router
The default IP address of the router is generally 10.0.0.1 but we always advise you to cross check the default IP address from the user manual of the router. It is also provided on the sticker on the router.
How to Login into the 10.0.0.1 IP Address as an Admin
Logging into the admin page if 10.0.0.1 IP address is very easy and you don’t have to be a tech geek to do it. To log in to the admin panel, you should follow these steps:
- Open up a web browser on your computer system. Make sure that the web browser is of the latest version to avoid any hassles.
- Type the IP address, i.e. 10.0.0.1 in the address bar.
- The user authentication page will open up where you have to type in your username and password in the space provided.
- After pressing the enter key the admin panel of 10.0.0.1 will open up. Now you can start the configuration of your devices.
- From the admin panel, you can change your internet connection type and devices which will be able to use the router.
- You can also change the network name, transmission rate, etc. from the 10.0.0.1 login page as per your needs.
How to Recover the Username and Password of the Router
Many times people forget their router username and password. They are not able to login to their router’s admin page and hence everyone needs to know the fix for this issue. To find the username and password, you can use any one of the two methods given below:
Method 1: Try to Use Default Name and Password
This method is useful if you have not changed the default username and password of your router. The default router username and password can be found at three places:
- The User Manual of the Router: The user manual of the router has all the information about your router such as default username, default password, IP address, etc. Therefore you should keep your user manual safely as it is needed for reference every now and then.
- The Sticker on the back of the Router: The sticker on the router also possesses all the important information like default username, password, IP address, etc. Thus, if you don’t have your user manual then you can find the required information from this sticker.
- Use the Website: If you don’t have the user manual and the sticker on the router is damaged, then you can search for the default username and password of your router online. Enter the model number of your device and you can find the default username and password of your router.
Method 2: Try to Reset the Router to its Default Configuration
If using the default username and password does not help you, then you have to reset your router to its factory settings. This way you will have to reconfigure all your devices again but it is a sure solution. The method to reset the router to its factory settings is very easy. You have to use the pinhole button given at the back of your router.
Simply use a pin to press and hold down the pinhole button for about 10-15 seconds. After this, the router lights will blink and the router will restart. Now you can use your default username and password to access the admin login panel.
Some Precautions to Take:
While trying to access the 10.0.0.1 login page, you should take the following precautions:
- Use a stable power supply, preferably from a UPS.
- Always use good quality cables in a wired connection.
- Always check the Router Signals if they are working or not.
This was all the information required to log in to the admin page of the 10.0.0.1 IP address. We hope that this page has helped you to login to the admin page of 10.0.0.1 IP address.